The CARE (Comprehensive Assistance with Recovery and Empowerment) Team Services are intended to provide treatment, recovery, and support services to severely mentally ill adults, aged 18 or older, whose primary disability is mental or emotional and for whom 24-hour supervised care is inappropriate. The primary purpose of the CARE Team Services component is to increase the person’s ability to function outside of an institution and in a community living setting.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT groups and individual DBT therapy services are currently being offered at Southern Plains Behavioral Health Services on Monday nights from 5 PM- 7 PM. A referral is needed to join the DBT group. This can be done by calling 605-842-1465 and asking to speak to a DBT therapist to make a referral or visiting our referral page.
- DBT is an evidenced based therapy service currently being offered in the Winner, SD office. DBT skills group and therapy services address four main skill areas over a 24 week program. These skill areas consist of:
- Mindfulness: the practice of being fully aware and present in this one moment
- Distress Tolerance: how to tolerate pain in difficult situations, not change it.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: how to ask for what you want and say no while maintaining self-respect and relationships with others.
- Emotion Regulation: how to change emotions that you want to change.
- DBT is done in a skills group setting with individuals 18 and older. Individual DBT is offered alongside the DBT skills group and is done once a week with a DBT therapist. Individual DBT can be done through a telehealth platform as well as in person.
- DBT can be done with an array of issues one may be experiencing, if you have questions or are wondering if DBT could be a fit for you please call 605-842-1465 and talk with a DBT therapist or visit THIS WEBSITE.
Individual Counseling and Case Management
Counseling tailored to individual needs are are also offered at Southern Plains Behavioral Health Services. Therapists are available across four counties including Tripp, Todd, Mellette, and Gregory Counties. To refer yourself or someone you know please call 605-842-1465 or visit the referral page.
Medication management services are offered through Southern Plains Behavioral Health Services with trained medical staff in the four county region. These services are available through a telehealth platform or in-person. If you or someone you know would like psychiatric services at Southern Plains Behavioral health Services please call 605-842-1465 and make a referral or ask your doctor for a referral for these services.
Family and Couple Based Services
Family based counseling as well as couples counseling is offered at Southern Plains Behavioral Health Services. This counseling service is offered in all four counties, Todd, Mellette, Tripp, and Gregory.
Systems of Care Services (SOC)
A case management program addressing basic needs, social supports, emotional needs, educational needs, community supports, housing supports, health, and safety needs. SOC works with adults ages 18 to age 21 and their families in partnership with the schools and communities. SOC is currently being offered in Mellette, Todd, and Tripp Counties. For more information or to make a referral for SOC please call 605-842-1465.
Other program areas include:
- Crisis intervention
- Socialization activities
- Daily living skills
- Community support
- Trauma support and education
- Community support